Public and extern catalog of works under licenses

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to use a work with another work which is under a license with "SA" mention, but the version is older. What to do?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tokina8937

Tokina8937
Linearia staff - Administrator

If you use a Creative Commons or specific copyleft licensed work with another work (CC or CS) with a "SA" mention but under an older version, don't panic!

It is recommended to use the most recent version of the license if your two works are under CC or CS license. For example, a work under CC-BY 4.0 and another one under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license mixed in another work. In this case you can set CC-BY-SA 3.0 or 4.0 version (note : 3.0 version isn't supported anymore by our services). Creative Commons won't blame you if you use a most recent version! It's the same for our licensing services, for example, if you mix CS BY 13.0 and CS BY-SA 14.0 works, you can set the CS BY-SA 13.0 or 14.0 license. The only difference with Creative Commons is that we automatically set the precedent versions of the licenses under the most recent one. Also, a CS BY-NC 12.0 work when it was deposed can be recognized under CS BY-NC 14.0 licensed work!

If you mix Creative Commons and specific copyleft, ask to yourself this question : the "Share-Alike" is for the CC work or the CS work? If it's for the work under Creative Commons, the license of your derivative must be under the Creative Commons license. And if it's for the specific copyleft work, the license of the derivative must be the same one, (we recommend in the most recent version).

If you mix two works under Creative Commons and specific copyleft with a "SA" mention, there can be incompatibilities : Creative Commons and specific copyleft licenses aren't the same and aren't compatible.

http://toki-crea.eklablog.fr/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum